Spring is on its way, but our weather can stay wintery well into April. At TN Plumbing Solutions, we have learned that it is very important to stay vigilant even when the weather is warming up. Don’t fall into the trap of assuming that, with January and February in the past, your plumbing is safe from cold weather issues. When pipes burst or drains stop doing their job, you want to know right away so you can give us a call. Plumbing problems never improve without deliberate remediation, and the longer they’re allowed to persist, the more expensive their damage becomes. Today, our Nashville plumbing services team wants to share a few danger points to keep an eye out for even as you look forward to flowers and balmy air.
Watch for These Common Winter Plumbing Issues
Your water line can crack.
- The only way water gets to your home or business is via your water line. It transports water from the water main into your property. You won’t see it because it’s buried. Being underground protects it from a majority of the damage, but cold temperatures can still freeze water inside, which can cause damage. Water lines usually have pressure release valves that solve the problem. If yours doesn’t we can help with that.
Your water heater can fail.
- Most people know that winter is hard on their water heaters, but they don’t necessarily know all the reasons why. Yes, your demand for hot water is higher, which puts a heavier load on the heater. What most people don’t think about is the fact that the water entering your heater is very, very cold. That means your heater has to produce high volumes of hot water from the coldest water of the year. The best thing you can do is keep an eye on your heater and note anything unusual. Get our professional team to check out any odd symptoms before they develop into something more serious.
Your pipes can freeze.
- When people think of winter plumbing problems, they think of frozen pipes. This makes sense because it is one of the most common winter plumbing issues. It’s important to realize that your HVAC system has a direct impact on your pipes. While old pipes and pipes that aren’t insulated properly are instantly more vulnerable to freezing, any pipes can have problems if a home or business isn’t properly heated. If your HVAC system starts having problems, your plumbing may be next, so get things fixed quickly.
- The first indications of frozen pipes include drops in water pressure and/or flooding. If either or both of these things happen, turn off your water main and then open up all your taps to get the water out of your system until we can arrive and fix the problem.
Your drains can get clogged.
- We’ve left Thanksgiving and the holidays behind, but that doesn’t mean our plumbing has. The fancy cooking a lot of us do result in lots of grease, food, and fats going down our drains. The clogging usually shows up afterward, made all the worse by cold temperatures that cause fats to congeal. Drain cleaning is one of our specialties, and we would be happy to ensure that your drains are as good as new.
Contact TN Plumbing Solutions
Winter is a challenging time for your plumbing, but you don’t need to worry when TN Plumbing Solutions in your corner. We can provide for all of your plumbing needs, and when we serve you, we will always put your needs and interests first. Choose the Nashville plumbers who will respect your property and go the extra mile to ensure that you get the solutions you need.